There are two beginners courses being run this year these are detailed below:
- Tuesday evenings starting 12th May, run by Lucille Savin.
- Thursday evenings starting 14th May, run by Roger Pass.
These courses will run for six weeks with an optional BCU 1* assessment which will take place on a date to be arranged after the course . Each course has a maximum of 8 places. Session length will vary with available light but will around 2 hours.
The cost of these courses will be £90. This includes:
- 6 weekly coached sessions of canoe/kayak coaching to BCU 1* standard by at coach of at least BCU level 2 status.
- 1 years membership to the club (usually £40)
- Free kit hire for the coaching sessions (usually £10 per session)
- A assessor should you wish to take the BCU 1* test at the end of the course (note that there is a separate registration fee for this payable to the British Canoe Union)
Please contact Lucille or Roger for more details.
We hope to run a development course for those graduates of last years beginners course who wish to improve their paddling skills. Details of arrangements to be forthcoming.
As in previous years we will offer an improver’s course to beginners who do this years course later in the summer, again details to be forthcoming.
Further Details can be found HERE
Lucille and Roger would appreciate any volunteers to help run these sessions