The next meeting is Wednesday 2nd September in the Fox Inn, Steventon at 8:30ish. Come along and see what’s going on. Don’t forget to come paddling before hand meet at the club hut at 6:15.
Wednesday Night Hut Duty
During the summer we need someone to open up the hut and be responsible for handing out kit on Wednesday evenings. Additionally we need L2 or above coaches to take out beginners on our monthly taster sessions. Full details of what these involve can be found here: https://kingfishercanoeclub.co.uk/wednesday-evening-paddling-2009/
The sessions are marked on the club calendar (HERE), those that are already manned have the volunteers name in the entry. If you can help with any of the sessions that are currently unmanned then please let me know.
- 5/6th Sept -Canoe Camping Club trip – Poole harbour/Dorset Coast. Contact Tony Wilkins for details.
- 13th Sept – Todd Morris Memorial Triathlon: Kayaking, cycling and running -Starting at the club hut, more details soon
- 19/20th Sept – Canoe Camping Club trip – Thames/Hincksey stream/Cherwell. Contact Tony Wilkins for details.
There is an awful amount of paddling that goes on within Kingfisher a lot of which is arranged between members. What we’d like is some volunteers to organise ‘club’ trips open to all members where suitable. We were thinking along the lines of the following trips:Tryweryn, Dart Loop, Nene, Dee, Middle Wye.
If you can help with arranging anything along these lines then please let me know and if you need help or support with the organisation we’ll do our best to assist. Remember the club can only work with the help of its members so if you can help with any of these then please let me know.
Trasher – If you’ve been up to anything interesting paddling wise or have anything you want communicating then please consider writing something to be included in the Trasher. Let the Editor know at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Wednesday Night Paddling
Don’t forget to take advantage of the summer nights whilst you can: https://kingfishercanoeclub.co.uk/wednesday-evening-paddling-2009/
Other Goings on – If you have any dates for trips and or courses you would like added to the cub calendar then please let me know. The calendar is here if you’re interested: http://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=mc&gsessionid=W6i39-8MfSrGicPIEB53yQ
Non KCC Events
- Liffey Decent – If anyone fancies a trip to Ireland please find attached an information sheet about the Irish Canoe Unions 2009 Liffey Descent. For those of you who have never heard of the event, it is one of the biggest races in Europe.
- Tyne Tour 2009 – See the attached flyer for the Tyne Tour Event in Hexham Northumberland
- 19/20th Sept – Wet West Paddlefest http://www.wetwestpaddlefest.co.uk/
- 12/13th Sept – Pyranhafest http://www.pyranhafest.com/
- 13th Sept – Pool harbour Race http://www.phcc.org.uk/downloads/PHCC_RaceEntryForm2009.pdf or http://www.phcc.org.uk/activities/harbourrace.htm)
Commercial Break – I seem to receive a large number of e-mails advertising coaching course, arranged trips and accommodation. If you’re interested in anything like this let me know and I’ll search through what’s turned and send anything interesting on. Also get a few boat for sale ads as well. Recently we received:
- http://www.yha.org.uk/Images/Bellever_canoe_flyer_v2_tcm8-12773.pdf#false – cheap accommodation on Dartmoor at the YHA
- http://www.ffynnonwenbunkhouse.co.uk – Bunk house in North Wales.
- http://www.webtogs.co.uk – UK-based online retailer for outdoor gear and clothing
- http://www.riversideoxford.co.uk/ – They sell boats and stuff!
- http://www.getwetexpeditions.com – Trips to Nepal
- http://www.loveitliveit.co.uk – Trips to the White Nile
- http://www.extremeslovenia.com – self catered accommodation here on the River Soca, Slovenia
- http://www.training-expertise.co.uk – open and bespoke First Aid training courses for the outdoors
Freestyle Technique Videos
Alan Ward and Joe Bradley have put together some freestyle training videos that can be found here: http://liquidprojects.blogspot.com/