The Pathfinders Youth Section is fully committed to safeguarding the well being of its members. All members should show respect and understanding for the rights, safety and welfare of others, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the club.
You should feel safe to enjoy your sport. If you are worried about how you or someone else is being treated at your club by another young person or adult, there is someone you or your parents/ carer can talk to either the Club Welfare Officer (you can use the form below) or another Committee Member who’s contact details will be on the membership form.
Contact Welfare Officer:
If you want to talk to someone outside of the club you can call any of the following for help, advice or support:
- The British Canoeing 24 Hr Child Protection Officer can be reached on 0115 896842 / 07540 739391
- The NSPCC Child Protection Helpline can be reached on 0808 800 5000
- CHILDLINE can be reached on 0800 1111
The documents below further explain Kingfishers welfare policies:
- Child and vulnerable adult protection policy 2019
- Pathfinder Youth Section code of conduct
- Pathfinder Youth Section child protection and harassment policy
- Pathfinder Youth Section over 18s policy 2016
- British Canoeing Coaches & Officials code of Conduct
- British Canoeing child protection policy
See British Canoeing Safeguarding for further information.