Kingfisher Canoe Club is fully committed to safeguarding the well being of its members. All members should show respect and understanding for the rights, safety and welfare of others, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the club.
You should feel safe to enjoy your sport. If you are worried about how you or someone else is being treated at your club by a young person or adult, there is someone you or your parents/ carer can talk to either the Club Welfare Officer (you can use the form below) or another Committee Member who’s contact details will be on the membership form.
Contact Welfare Officer:
If you want to talk to someone outside of the club you can call any of the following for help, advice or support:
- British Canoeing 24hr Child Protection contact: Tel: 0773 4453430 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSPCC 0808 800 5000 www.nspcc.org.uk
Childline 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
The documents below further explain Kingfishers welfare policies:
- Kingfisher Canoe Club – Child Protection Policy and Kingfisher CC -Safeguarding Policy
- Kingfisher Canoe Club – Code of Conduct
- British Canoeing Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct Coaches 2018
- British Canoeing Safeguarding Children Policy and British Canoeing Safeguarding Adults Policy
- Kingfisher Canoe Club – Equality Policy
See https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/guidance-resources/safeguarding for more information.